Winter semester 2021/2022
On this page we inform you about the current status regarding the winter semester 2021/22.
- The first day of lectures for the winter semester 2021/22 is 11 October 2021.
- The winter semester 2021/22 will be predominantly face-to-face. Hybrid and digital formats will still be possible. Changes are possible, depending on the current pandemic situation.
- The course planning for the winter semester 2021/22 will be based on the planning for the winter semester 2019/20, although adjustments will be necessary due to newly established degree programmes and changes to existing degree programmes.
According to the current version of the COVID-19 Regulations of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, the following regulations, among others, apply:
- In the coming attendance semester, the 3G rule (vaccinated, recovered, tested – in German geimpft, genesen, getestet) applies to attendance of courses.
- In general, the distance rule remains in place. If the spatial conditions do not permit this, the distance rule may be waived.
- For persons present, the obligation to wear a medical mask applies in closed rooms with the proviso that lecturers or those presenting may remove the mask while speaking.
- In the case of written examinations, the obligation to wear a mask shall be waived once seated if the distance rule is observed. The examining institution may stipulate that, in the case of a PCR test, the test on which the test result is based must not have been taken more than 24 hours previously or that the test must have been taken on the same day.
Please find further information on the COVID-19 Regulations of Hamburg here:
https://www.hamburg.de/verordnung (in German)
(courtesy translation into English. Please be aware that there might be delays in publication due to the translation and that only the German version is the legally valid version.)
Numerous decentralised vaccination offers are planned for interested students at Hamburg's universities in the coming weeks. All information and dates can be found at www.hamburg.de/corona-impfstationen.