Supporting offers for international students at the beginning and during the studies
Please note that during the Covid- 19 pandemic we are offering individual consultation on Zoom as well as group info sessions on specific topics and important issues. Check further details and times on our website
As TUHH international student you can contact the International Office if you need assistance both- with initial orientation at your study start as well as during your entire studies.
Just contact us in the case of social problems and decision making, regarding financial support and scholarships.
1. We are running integration program Welcome@TUHH with following offers:
- WELCOME WEEKS: Orientation Program at the study start
- SEMESTER PROGRAM: Intercultural and networking events
- TRAININGS on softskills and language competency
- Certificate intercultural Competence
2. Our consultation offer provides you with information and helpful advice on following:
- Financial support: Scholarships and fundings
- Developing German language skills
- Finding Accommodation in Hamburg
- Mentoring and peer-to-peer programs
- Legal and Social Advice
- Integration offers by the City of Hamburg
- Extending of visa and work permit: Aliens Registration Office
3. Downloads for further information:
- Visa/residence/ work permit: information brochure by Ministry of Interior
- Residence right for university graduates: information brochure of Ministry of Interior
The TUHH supports the National Code of Conduct for German Universities Regarding International Students.
This Code of Conduct aims to ensure that students from abroad receive the quality of support and advice needed when studying in Germany. The guiding principle is, wherever possible, to grant international students the same rights as are available to German or EU students. Any non-compliance with the National Code of Conduct could be reported to Nicole Frei, Manager of Internationalisation at TUHH.