Organisational details about your studies
Information on your student status
- Information on your for first-semester students.
- I would like to continue studying at the TUHH next semester. How do I to continue studying?
- Where can I find information about ?
- Information on and the , as well as
- When do the take place?
- I don’t want to continue my studies at the TUHH. You can find information on ending your studies/deregistration .
- Changing your address, registering for examinations, etc. is all completed on the .
- Questions and answers regarding your studies are summarised in the . You can find specific FAQs regarding examinations .
Information on funding your studies and insurance
- How can I my studies? Which are there?
- Which necessary/useful?
- What should I do if I am involved in an in relation to my studies?
After your studies
- Can I after I graduate?
- My degree or individual study certificates must be for third parties.
- I need a of my notice of deregistration or evidence for my pension provider.
- Information regarding repayment of deferred via the IFB Hamburg (formerly WK Hamburg). This information is only available in German.
Which insurance cover is useful?
Health insurance is compulsory and legally required. You can find more information on this here. Furthermore, all students enrolled at the TUHH are covered by accident insurance from Unfallkasse Nord for certain activities. You can find information about this accident insurance here.
Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. And if they involve apparatus in a TUHH laboratory, this can quickly become expensive. Studierendenwerk Hamburg provides information on liability insurance on its website. We would encourage you to take a look.
Verification of degrees
If you completed all or part of your studies at the TUHH and want confirmation of these periods for your employer or for recruitment firms, or, alternatively, if you are a potential employer, or working on behalf of one, and want to verify an individual’s study periods, please contact the relevant course administrator within Academic and Student Services. Email email@example.com to make your request. If the request is for someone else, please ensure you attach a document authorising you to make the request. This document should be hand-signed by the person whose degree and/or periods of study are to be verified. If you do not do so, we cannot provide any information. To make sure that we can process your request in a timely and uncomplicated manner, we ask that you provide at least the following information with your request: First name and surname, date of birth, course, student ID number (if available), study periods and/or graduation date.